Tuesday, February 08, 2011

A Series of Replies


This is from a thread I started because the previous one had been shut down after the usual repeated insults and harassment. Of course, the flamers suffered no consequences. This thread was also shut down within a few hours of being posted.

As with some other records here, some are missing date and time information as my computer from back then died. Although I saved the hard drive, I was only recently able to save some information. If I can eventually retrieve more detailed records I will post it.



SGT John Chapman, I emailed you regarding what happened and that it was apparently a misunderstanding on my part.

Angry? No. Shell-shocked? No. But I have been a bit disappointed. I put up a previous post like this one. I made it clear I only wanted to speak with those who shared an opinion in private and so posted my email. I made it clear it was not for argument. Regardless, the post got attacked by the usual Wire Flamers. As usual, the moderators did absolutely nothing to remedy this. In fact, when I emailed them for help the response was a sardonic remark and to delete the post. There have been several other posts as well, where many of the people on this very one have harassed, insulted, cursed, even threatened, with no action at all from the moderators. A couple of posts were thanking those who disagreed and agreed like gentlemen, another was asking for the harassment to please stop. These posts met with the same lack of respect and honor from the same people. I’ve even had my email spammed by these guys. I told the moderators. The result? Utter silence (after deleting my posts). On not a single occasion have any of the people ruining posts been reprimanded. I have received emails from others about this as well.

Many of these people here know the trick of Wire control: harassing posts they don’t agree with until the moderators delete them. You can see it in this one; people claiming boredom and dead horse instead of simply ignoring. You have them complaining about this and that, and saying how bad I am for bringing up whatever, but they never once have said a thing to those who have cursed or disrupted. You see, it’s not that they really believe it’s a dead horse, or that they’re actually bored, it’s that they can’t stand not being able to shut someone up.

I know some of my posts have been controversial, and I hoped for good debating. And, indeed, there were some very good points made on both sides. The shame was that a few sycophants took it upon themselves to ruin what they could not control, and that the Moderators “fell” into their plan.

Gold Canyon Kid , yes, we are in a time warp, with your incessant need to prove your inability to avoid what you claim is useless or repetitive. We’ve discussed these things, you and I, many times, and you have made it a point over and over to place negative and disruptive comments instead of debating. I may post controversial subjects, but you are not forced to participate. I never go into anyone’s post to disrupt it. If my point is not accepted I have the common decency to respect that person’s post and leave. None of what you mention is part of what my discussions have been. Shoots are no place to discuss this, but I can say that if the behavior you and your friends have shown on the Wire was displayed at a shoot you would be thrown out immediately. I say this because despite my “controversial” posts, the insults, harassment, cursing, and even threats that have been displayed have been almost as utterly sickening as your selective righteousness.


I have received several emails due to this post. I have quite a few more from earlier ones. Except for a very few, they all agree with what I am saying. Furthermore, I received emails from folks who have left SASS and who no longer plan on renewing membership due to what is happening. Almost every person that has contacted me no longer posts on The Wire because of the sheer malice and crassness they have been treated with. Folks who’ve been in this sport longer than many of us have stated clearly that the “Fantasy Game” thing is made up simply to allow more and more people (=income). This is sad, since those who made this sport great are being sacrificed to those who will make it rich, although in money instead of quality. Like IPSC, it will eventually wither down to the shameless that will jump through any loophole and circumvent any rule in order to win. It is already happening. Perhaps members should be made to pass the bar before joining.

The Wire is not SASS, but what we have here, on the Wire, is a small group wanting to jump on the populist band wagon, to be part of the clique, just like in middle school. So they’ll insult anyone the popular ones disagree with, and they’ll ignore a bully’s attack while blaming the one being harassed. It’s pretty simple really. This type of behavior soon weeds out those who make a group a gathering of real friends and infests it with back slapping sycophants.

I have the previous posts saved except maybe for one, and the proof of who said what and how is there. Anyone wanting to read them is welcome, and I’ll email it to you.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home