Monday, February 07, 2011

Hall of Shame

First of all, this little section here is not for the purpose of attacking anyone or their alias personally. The purpose of this section is to address and criticize their actions-and maybe poke a little bit of fun as well. What is really sad, and I am serious here, is that upon seeing photos of these people-when I saw the faces behind the disrespect and the flaming and the bullying and utter lack of respect for another person's opinion, I felt a certain embarrassment for them. They are, I am sure, nice enough folks when they aren't acting like bullies and selectively righteous asses. But alas, this is how it is.

Please keep in mind that the above responses and comments are on threads that I started: where people were free to agree or disagree, and debate until pigs fly-but also which they can simply ignore if the contents are unpalatable.

It's like approaching a room at a convention where the door has a sign naming a certain topic being discussed-you can either enter or walk on. One is welcome to enter and debate, but to insult, tell people to "shut up" talk out loud about other subjects, call for the room to be closed down, and generally disrupt the debate is simply malicious and gutless.

While I occasionally commented on someone else's thread, I did not ever hijack or flame it-nor did I call for it to be shut down because the host disagreed, or even bad-mouthed-me.



At the top of the list we have "Evil Roy". (please add your suspenseful music of choice here)
















Evil Roy shoots extremely well, he practices excellent safety, and he is fast. He could be a great representative of what SASS should be, and what it was founded to be. Unfortunately he is also an elitist and has little respect or consideration for other people who wish to play the game of Cowboy Action Shooting as it was meant to be played-not to mention SASS's very own words: "The closest you'll get to the Old West-Short of a Time Machine!" You see, "Evil Roy" is one of those in the camp who believe that the Cowboy in Cowboy Action Shooting applies to little more than wearing a hat that looks somewhat "cowboy-ish". Why do I say this? Because I have communicated with him via the SASS Wire Forum (before I was so tragically exiled for daring to hold my ground the wire ) and via email. His first post on my thread was angry and accusatory, and his emails were quite telling.

Evil Roy’s responses to topic Why anachronistic tactics in a period Game? in forum SASS Wire at The SASS Wire.Posted by BisleyJoe 29738 (Member # 9905) on March 23, 2004 08:15 PMMarch 23, 2004 08:15 PM:

Posted by Evil Roy (Member # 7779) on March 24, 2004 08:19 AMMarch 24, 2004 08:19 AM:

SASS is for shooting fun. Enjoy it at whatever level and for whatever reason you want. It is a competition as we keep score. Winners and losers. Sorry. Just for the record SASS was not started to do anything but shoot IPSC with cowboy guns. The Judge told me that a long time ago and just saw him again in an interview saying it again. Had nothing to do with true old west or anything else. It has evolved into much more and includes all kinds of things we all enjoy. So for all you folks who are up in arms over the competitive part if you are doing it for any other reason than competition you are ruining it for us "purists" using your logic. I really don't understand why all you folks who are into the "real" old west don't just shoot NCOWS and be happy. By the way the real old west had nothing to do with B westerns as you will find out if you show up at an NCOWS match with that type set up. They are a great bunch and are really into what you want. If you want a great outfit which has room for us all that would be SASS.

From Me: Evil Roy had posted another response (I am searching for it) saying that my letters were negative, and that "those of you who want to shoot like [the old cowboys] have your own categories-what more do you want?" I replied with "Those of you who want to shoot using modern tactics already have your own category, what more do you want?" This is when he really threw a hissy fit.

Evil Roy, you know quite well that I don’t want to eliminate anyone, as I have said this countless times, and you know it. It stands to reason that within those categories there would be the women’s and junior etc. Funny, your mention of telling people to go home. That’s what I and others with similar views have been told: “shut up” “go away” “make your own game”, and far worse. You are obviously trying to confuse the issue by accusing me of things I never said.

My letters are negative? Harm the sport? Frankly, I think your gamesmanship is what’s ruining the sport. Despite arguments and discussions regarding historical facts etc., I have many times repeated that what needs to be done is to eliminate Overall. All we need it to compete in categories. THEN everyone would be truly able to “play their own game.” I can’t see how you could miss that! I can’t fathom how you could have the audacity to win in an overall category in a period game and then act like you want everyone to “just have fun”.

Gee, you’re so worried about the sport and people getting rises, but you don’t seem the least bit interested in “reprimanding” people posting insults and harassing. Ah, I see, they’re backing up your clique.

SASS is not purely historical, but it involves history. Why do we wear period clothes etc.? So the only thing not worth being historical is the shooting technique? The main part of the competition? WOW!

The rules mention:

The shooting competition is staged in a unique, characterized, ‘Old West’ style.”

The truly unique aspect of Cowboy Action Shooting™ is the requirement placed on authentic period or western screen dress.

Cowboy Action Shooting™ is a combination of historical re-enactment and Saturday morning at the matinee.

But hey, I’d like everyone to be included! So, why don’t we just have awards for categories? Even if you disagree with my historical points, you should at least consider this!


Posted by Evil Roy (Member # 7779) on March 24, 2004 03:24 PMMarch 24, 2004 03:24 PM:

This for all you dirtbags and morons Bisley Joe is talking about who have learned all those loopholes to weasel through at my school. Loopholes like sight alignment, equipment, eye and ear protcection, shooting stages, gun handling, safety, PLAYING WITHIN THE RULES, and all that other weasel stuff. Bisley Joe when you decide to trash and insult someone do me a favor. Have the decency to use their name, not a "top shooter who puts their name on guns and has schools"(wonder who he is refering to) and know what you are talking about. Get a life.


Below, Evil Roy’s sycophants get their noses brown. These people are simply sad.

Posted by Sheriff Kickback (Member # 13804) on March 24, 2004 03:27 PMMarch 24, 2004 03:27 PM:
BJ:
First off, the Cowboy Chronicle should get whatever they paid you back. [Mad]
Get a life B^@&#*$J. There was no competition that resembled cowboy action shooting back then. This is 2004. [Razz]
I personally like all the pards you negatively insinuated about in a cowardly way. [Smile]
Take up another profession. You're out of your league. [Mad]
The Sheriff

Posted by Odessa Straight (Member # 12314) on March 24, 2004 03:34 PMMarch 24, 2004 03:34 PM:
For what it's worth... Good shot, Evil Roy. Reckon Bisley Joe more than had that comin'. We all know what's what. You do more for the sport than most.

Posted by Silver Sam, SASS #34718L (Member # 4948) on March 24, 2004 04:32 PMMarch 24, 2004 04:32 PM:
Way Ta Go Evil Roy

Posted by Sixgun Shorty, SASS #35717 (Member # 7467) on March 24, 2004 04:34 PMMarch 24, 2004 04:34 PM:
Maybe your best shot ever, ER!

Posted by T. G. Reaper, SASS# 25972 (Member # 1175) on March 24, 2004 09:41 PMMarch 24, 2004 09:41 PM:
Damn, Evil Roy!!! You start posting replies like that people are going to start confusing you with me!
Good for you for calling a spade a spade. You do not deserve that type of personal attack.
Posts like this are the reason why I try to stay off of the Wire. But this guy is just another keyboard commando with an axe to grind and an opinion.
He's not worth tarninshing your great reputation.
Of course, if he were talking about ME on the other hand, I'd have to have a little prayer meeting with him to discuss his bad manners.
TGR

Posted by Easy Rider, SASS# 10407 (Member # 6469) on March 25, 2004 04:54 AMMarch 25, 2004 04:54 AM:
Evil Roy,
Great post!
Once again you have cut through the crap and gotten right to the heart of the matter.

Posted by Sheriff Kickback (Member # 13804) on March 25, 2004 04:45 PMMarch 25, 2004 04:45 PM:
Hey Evil Roy. You hold him and I'll hit him.


Evil Roy and I correspond with me via email:

Dear Evil Roy,

Some time ago we discussed the topic of modern shooting in a period game. SASS, as you know, has grown quite a bit, and with that growth some ethical topics have been overlooked.

You stated that those who want to shoot one handed etc. already have a category "What more do you want?". I replied to you that you and others who shoot with modern tactics also have your own category, so "what more do you want?" You never replied.

What I was referring to was the fact that you are one of the people in SASS who compete and win in your category, which is great, but that dominating an "overall winner" category using modern techniques in a period sport is at best redundant and at worst simply wrong.

Please bear with me. Under "What is SASS?" it says the following:

"SASS members share a common interest in preserving the history of the Old West and competitive shooting."

And:

"Each participant is required to adopt a shooting alias appropriate to a character or profession of the late 19th century, a Hollywood western star, or an appropriate character from fiction."

And:

"Every SASS member is required to select a shooting alias representative of a character or profession from the Old West or the western film genre."

And:

"Cowboy Action Shooting is a multi-faceted shooting sport in which contestants compete with firearms typical of those used in the taming of the Old West…"

And:

"Competing in "The Spirit of the Game" means you fully participate in what the competition asks. You try your best to dress the part, use the appropriate competition tools, and respect the traditions of the Old West."

Obviously the most important part of Cowboy Action Shooting is that it is a sport based on the Old West and the films that are based on that era. Now if this is a competitive sport that bases itself on the clothing, accoutrements, and firearms of the Old West, then why is it so difficult to acknowledge that using modern techniques to win an overall category simply is not right?

There are already categories for everybody. That is fair enough. Overall winner obviously presents a problem as it allows modern shooting styles to dominate the arena in a game based on the Old West. Do you not agree that perhaps overall is something that is disenfranchising those members of SASS who want to compete in a period sport using period methods? You, being a well known and respected member of SASS, can help lead the way to correcting this discrepancy. I hope to hear from you, and that we can work together to bring about a fair and ethical change in SASS.

Sincerely,

J.A. Ortiz


From Evil Roy

I did not answer your last comment because I thought you were getting snotty and I had already stated my position very clearly.

I do not support your positon and could not disagree more.

Read your own message to me. "SASS members share a common interest in preserving the history of the Old West and COMPETITIVE SHOOTING."

It is not an recreation of the Old West. It was formed by a bunch of guys who wanted to shoot old time guns in IPSC style competition. They started shooting two handed. Look at the first competitions they had. Look it up.

An Overall is important to the sport for many reasons. One of which is the media attention it draws to our fine sport. There has been an overall winner at every EOT ever held and as you said SASS is growing and doing well. It does not present a problem for any winner of any catagory I have ever met or talked to.

Let me ask you a question. How active are you in supporting SASS. Do you go to EOT, the Nationals, the Regionals, and State championships? If not how do know how us who do feel? Do you go to the Convention? Are you a representative of a local club who wants these changes? If so have you changed the club policies? Are you a Regulator? Do you go to as many shoots as possible. How many matches do you go to a year? Who are all these people who are upset over having an Overall?

There is no interest in doing away with two handed shooting and you already have classes for those who want to shoot one handed. No one is "disenfranchised" because the overall winner is recognized.

Evil Roy


From me:

Dear Evil Roy,

Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding. I had posted my thoughts on The Wire and had received an incredible amount of unwarranted attacks, insults, and flaming. There was a great deal of confusion due some folks deliberately misstating my position. I believe you may have read some of these things and formulated an opinion based on them. I was not at all being snotty, just trying to get to a point.

Indeed, "What is SASS" states that: "SASS members share a common interest in preserving the history of the Old West and competitive shooting." (emphasis mine) The combination, and order, of "Old West" and "competitive shooting" in the statement seems to clearly state that the competitive shooting be done above all with the techniques of the Old West. I cannot see how they can be separated. A group like The Association for Renaissance Martial Arts, for example, studies the martial arts of the renaissance, not all other martial arts. The purpose of competing in such a group precludes the idea of using techniques from an outside source, or else what is the point of specifying the word renaissance?

I have indeed looked these things up. I have been following SASS since the early 90's when there wasn't even a club anywhere near where I was. I sent for a Chronicle and wore it out, and I purchased and read every magazine I could that had articles on SASS. In every instance SASS's creation was described as being done to get away from the whole IPSC technical gamesmanship, and SASS was described as a family based sport where the idea of competition would not be allowed to overshadow the fun and the spirit of the Old West. "Professional" status was one of the main things that SASS was not about. Those claims are a far cry from what I see today.

Media attention would be much the same if focus was made on categories, and it would allow for SASS to be represented as truly a sport that seeks to respect the history of the Old West. Focusing on categories instead of overall would allow those who play this Old West based sport in an Old West way to be represented properly.

The issue of overall winner has come up in the past many times. The problem is that many folks are wary of bringing up the issue because of the way they are treated when they do. Tex himself has brought up the issue before.

How active am I in supporting SASS? I kept up with SASS and told people about it even before I could join. In addition, I paid my membership several years in a row, which in itself supports SASS.

End of Trail and Nationals? I'd love to go, but have not had the opportunity. My participation has, unfortunately, been limited to local shoots and a couple of state shoots. However, from speaking to others through the net, reading The Cowboy Chronicle, watching televised SASS shoots, and by simple personal observation at shoots, the situation is pretty clear.

I have not said to get rid of two handed shooting, in fact I have repeatedly stressed this countless times in my posts. Despite the fact that I don't think it belongs in a Cowboy sport, I have maintained that it should not be eliminated due to those who would be disenfranchised. I am only saying that two handed shooting, which is a modern technique, should not dominate CAS, which is a sport based upon the Old West.

Your statement "you already have classes for those who want to shoot one handed" supports what I am saying. We already also have classes for those who want to shoot two handed. Two handed shooting is a modern tactic that will dominate in a category such as overall. With such diversity between modern tactics and the different period tactics, it just is not right to have an overall category.

If the different categories all had the same basic period technique, namely shooting with one hand on one pistol, then overall would be acceptable. I, and others, certainly find ourselves disenfranchised at shoots when we have to either stop shooting like in the Old West to win in overall, or just accept that we have virtually no chance.

The basic principle of all this is that, to maintain true sportsmanship, you can't have it both ways: You allow two handed shooting and just judge in categories, or you have only period techniques and have overall. Since it wouldn't be right to exclude the two handed shooters, the only ethical and fair thing to do is to eliminate overall.

Bisley Joe


From Evil Roy:

You have every right to your opinion but I will not discuss this with you any more. Now that I know who I am talking to it really irks me. You have insulted me on the wire before you were kicked off and have no basis for an opinion at your level of participation in the sport. It would be like me playing golf on a limited local level and trying to get the PGA to change their rules based on my very limited knowledge of what was going on.

I don't like you or your attitude and do not want to hear from you again. You are very rude.

You are the main reason I no longer look at the wire.


From me:

Dear Evil Roy,

You will notice that from the beginning I addressed you with "Dear Evil Roy". Your response to me bore absolutely no introduction. Despite this I still used the same etiquette for my follow up. This last email of yours still does not even show that courtesy.

I am not surprised that you will not discuss this further, as to do so you would have to either lie or admit that you are wrong. I am disappointed though. I figured that perhaps we could have an intelligent and respectful conversation.

It irks you to know you spoke with me? Really? I guess I'll take that as a complement. If it makes you feel better, I had little reaction from speaking with you.

I insulted you on the wire? Nah, that's not it, I held your feet to the fire and exposed your elitist mindset. You came in with an attitude expecting me to back down and shut up and had a hissy fit when I didn't. You're used to getting your fanny kissed and you got your petticoat in a bind when I kicked it instead. The problem is that you and your ilk have hijacked SASS with your army of sycophantic idiots and you have become spoiled because of it. Shame on you Mr. Roy!

I find it very telling, Mr. Roy, how you accuse me of being rude, but you never have made a stand against the people flaming and spamming my topics or those of others who simply expressed an opinion. Where were you Mr. Roy with the Cowboy Way and your love of fairness when your supporters flamed and spammed topic after topic, when they deliberately misrepresented what I said, when they attacked from every angle with the most sickening level of crassness despite my asking over and over for civility? The sad thing is that you never even really read what I actually had been saying all along: you read the responses of others and based your opinion on that. This is obvious because you keep saying that two handed shooting will not be eliminated when I have never called for it to be and have in fact stated that it should not be many times.

Your statement that I "have no basis for an opinion at [my] level of participation in the sport" proves just what an elitist you truly are. You don't care that perhaps my level of participation may be due to finances or other factors. Sir, you are truly the King of SASSholes.

Don't even try the PGA thing, as SASS is not supposed to be a professional sport at all. I know this sticks in your craw because it is a pesky little fact that exposes how you have dishonorably pissed on the whole idea of SASS. But I suppose you have no qualms about it since now you have your school of loopholes and your army of brown-nosed creeps to pat you on the back.

You don't like me or my attitude? Mr. Roy you have never even met me: you have only lashed out at me based on what others have told you.

My attitude is to preserve the Cowboy part of SASS as well as the non-professional, ethical point of this sport. Come to think of it, I can see why you don't like my attitude.

I can understand why you don't want to hear from me again: I see through your façade and it makes you uncomfortable. My point is one you cannot discuss with honesty while defending the way you play (or shall I say manipulate) the game of Cowboy Action Shooting.

Curious that I am the main reason you no longer look at the wire. After all, I have been banned from it by your friends for years now and so cannot expose you there anymore. You should be rejoicing. Interesting how it is I, not the intolerant, mean spirited, flamers who keep you from the wire. Save the act Mr. Roy, your own words expose you as an elitist.

Happy trails to you, Mr. Roy

Bisley Joe



Then we have "Gold Canyon Kid".


Here is a person obsessed with shutting up anyone he disagrees with, and willing to sink to just about any low to do so. Goldie is part of the self-declared "wire forum vigilante squad" a band bullies who ride the electronic range in search of posts to flame and harass, since they have little else to do.
Throughout the years, whenever I ocassionally get on the "wire forum", Goldie is there ready to silence anyone he disagrees with and accusing them of being me. In fact, Goldie is so obsessed with me that he recently put up the URL to this blog immediately after I posted in the forum as a guest! Sort of flattering, in a sad sort of way-poor Goldie must have had my blog memorized, or saved, in his "favorites". Who knows-maybe both. Maybe even tattooed on his...

Goldie’s comments on a thread I started called “Wire Insultathons” in calling for civil disagreements and put an end to the insults:

Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on January 14, 2003, 12:22 PM:

This here's another one of those posts that the author says he was shell shocked at the treatment he received in another post by cowboys on this wire. Of course his idea is to change the rules (the way it comes across to the readers) and he should have realized that incoming was on the way. The other main point these posters sometimes show it that somehow the rules aren't period correct and they must be changed so they can stand there in their period correct costume, shoot black powder magninum loads, shooting one handed and win against the gamiest bastards in the world shooting 32s or 38s with minimum legal loads. Get real, it's a game, enjoy

Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on January 16, 2003, 11:11 AM:

!!!!Plonk!!!

Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on January 18, 2003, 04:17 AM:

Will someone please close the faucet, this one has been open way too long? Look at all the poor electrons that have been totally wasted with this guy's inability to clearly state his opinion and then shut up.

Comments by Goldie on:topic Do you agree with BilseyJoe's thread being shut down? in forum SASS Wire at The SASS Wire. Posted by Doc Whip Lash #15561 (Member # 9566) on March 28, 2004 02:14 PMMarch 28, 2004 02:14 PM:

Howdy Pards,

It saddens me anytime someones opinion is gagged due the rudeness of bullies. [Frown]

This is what I believed happened to his rather long and opinioned thread. Is this the cowboy way? To censure someone when we don't agree with him or feel he is to long-winded? I guess Will Rogers would have his threads shut down because he was a talker. [Big Grin]

I just don't get it.

Just my opinion.(Which I hope doesn't get me deleted).

Doc Whip Lash(DUELIST,Bullwhipper,Horseman) [Cool]

Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on March 28, 2004 04:51 PMMarch 28, 2004 04:51 PM:

The real problem was allowing this kind of material in the CC. That is what started the whole riot. You have an editorial in CC that no one took credit for until BJ came on the Wire all puffed up and proud of his accompolishment. Funny how BJs ravings are discussion and other posts in response are somehow sinister when they disagree with him. Absolutely, Wire Moderators did the right thing. BJ did this twice in the past on the same subject with the exact same results (the last almost a year ago). I for one sure hope they kick the latest post off the Wire also.

Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on March 28, 2004 07:52 PMMarch 28, 2004 07:52 PM:
(about me)

He has absolutely no fondness for the sport, just wants to stir the pot so he feels like a big man. If folks like him just got out and shot like some of us do every weekend, he wouldn't be worring about what everyone else does in the sport. Sure hope I run into him in person some day so I can really let him know what a jerk he is to his face.

Goldie’s replies to: Topic Why anachronistic tactics in a period Game? in forum SASS Wire at The SASS Wire. Posted by BisleyJoe 29738 (Member # 9905) on March 23, 2004 08:15 PMMarch 23, 2004 08:15 PM:

Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on March 23, 2004 08:23 PMMarch 23, 2004 08:23 PM:
Why don't you play the game the way you want to play and quit trying to tell the rest of us what to do?

Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on March 24, 2004 06:09 PMMarch 24, 2004 06:09 PM:

This post is an excellent example of why the Cowboy Chronicle has become an embarassment to our sport-at least the front half of the monthly newsmagazine. The editorials, letters to the editor don't tell a monthly positive story for our sport. There are clear examples that are positive however and I appaud those authors. I used to give my old copies of the CC to prospective new shooters but no longer do so. Last time I did it the prospective shooter brought it back and thanked me for saving him all the pain of belonging to another group that bitched all the time. Apparently whomever selects the content for the editorials and letters to the editor must not want our sport to continue healthy. Please someone balance off the negative articles each month with some positive letters and editorial articles.


Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on March 25, 2004 08:16 PMMarch 25, 2004 08:16 PM:

Dear Bisley Joe, I regret to inform you that many, many of your peers sitting around the cowboy campfire tonight getting ready for a big shoot tomorrow, done voted you off the island. We decided we don't give a hoot (hoot is a nice word for the "s" word) how you feel about it. We decided other things also but concluded with our minds muddied by too many tall cool ones, that they be best unstated in a public forum. Sorry, but that's the breaks. Hope you enjoy shooting with your next new best buddies that want to dress period, shoot period, shoot crapy equipment, shoot one handed and never practice, but still expect to win overall in their matches.

Heck, if I'm going to get slammed, I might


Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on March 25, 2004 08:58 PMMarch 25, 2004 08:58 PM:

Hey we voted you off the island, you don't get a departure speech, that's not in the rules.

Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on March 26, 2004 02:35 PMMarch 26, 2004 02:35 PM:

Sure hope someone from CC and SASS is watching the "debate" they started by publishing the "wonderful" article by BJ. This may be a record in SASS Wire discord unless someone smartly steps in and shuts down this debate like it should have been several pages back. Sure wouldn't want all the SASS projected new members seeing this post and it's responses. Why do the powers in charge allow trolls like BJ to give the sport such a black eye?


PM to Goldie after he posted the URL to this site immediately after I began commenting as a guest :

What's up pardy?

I really think it is HYSTERICAL that you still are so bent over me!!! I mean, you commented so quickly!

And posting my blog!!! Man! That was FAST!!! Did you have it saved in your favorites or have you just been treasuring its memory all this time?

Anyway, it's always great to see I made such a big impact on sycophants and hypocrites like you that you still dislike me enough to use my name so many years. I had a great point and I argued it intelligently and well. All you could do was insult and whine like a little baby to get me banned.

The sad thing is that we could have all disagreed civilly. All you had to do was respect my post like I did yours-you could have come in and debated at will, and if it was "beating a dead horse" you could just have let it be. Instead you chose the path of a coward-joining all the little sycophants in flaming my posts because you didn't have the intelligence to debate. So much for the "Cowboy Way".

Anyway Goldie, I'm living in Arizona again, so maybe I'll visit yer club sometime-we can reminisce.

Love, Bisley Joe



Then we have "Sixgun Shorty".
















Shorty’s comment on a thread I started called “Wire Insultathons” in calling for civil disagreements and to put an end to the insults:

Posted by Sixgun Shorty, SASS#35717 (Member # 7467) on January 14, 2003, 06:32 AM:

What IS the point?
Shoot however you want to-big deal-end of matter.Enough already-subject is not worthy of all this nonsense.

Shorty’s replies to my thread “What’s the Point of Cowboy Action Shooting”

Sixgun Shorty, SASS#35717

So BJ, what IS the point of that lengthy diatribe?

Comments posted by Shorty on my topic Why anachronistic tactics in a period Game?SASS Wire at The SASS Wire. Posted by BisleyJoe 29738 (Member # 9905) on March 23, 2004 08:15 PMMarch 23, 2004 08:15 PM: in forum

Posted by Sixgun Shorty, SASS #35717 (Member # 7467) on March 24, 2004 04:35 AMMarch 24, 2004 04:35 AM:
Give it up...I appreciate your comments and that you took the time to write the article, but this subject has been beaten to death...Play the game your way within the rules and live and let live...
This subject is just plain boring and repetitive to excess.If you're that dissatisfied, find another game..or another subject, please.

Posted by Sixgun Shorty, SASS #35717 (Member # 7467) on March 24, 2004 08:39 PMMarch 24, 2004 08:39 PM:

Maybe we should ALL swear off these kind of threads!!! [Big Grin]


Posted by Sixgun Shorty, SASS #35717 (Member # 7467) on March 25, 2004 03:42 PMMarch 25, 2004 03:42 PM:

OK..my final word on the matter..as usual you have misconstrued my point, BJ..when i said "Give it up", i meant this absurd argument that you are relentlessly pursuing...Not the game!
It's competition of an unusual and fun nature..not the real wild west of history...
Now pardon me while i go play with my smooth as silk, short stroked, race prepared Codymatic '66.. which lives in the safe next to my totally race prepared 97's and my highly tuned
S&W Schofields and Colts...I won't win EOT in a few weeks, but I'll sure have fun beating somebody! [Wink]


Posted by Sixgun Shorty, SASS #35717 (Member # 7467) on March 25, 2004 04:00 PMMarch 25, 2004 04:00 PM:

Manatee:
HAHAHAHAHA [Big Grin]
Gotta love that old sea bass!


Posted by Sixgun Shorty, SASS #35717 (Member # 7467) on March 26, 2004 02:27 PMMarch 26, 2004 02:27 PM:

I disagree with everyone..If you don't all have the same opinion that I do, you should all have yer,er, my head examined.....

Posted by Sixgun Shorty, SASS #35717 (Member # 7467) on March 26, 2004 02:46 PMMarch 26, 2004 02:46 PM:

Weird thing...After all
this BS re this beat to death useless,pointless topic, Has Anyone EVER had or heard this kind of heated debate at a real live SASS match? I never have, and I've been to at least 200+ matches of all sorts..Never once have i heard anything like this at a match..ONLY on the Wire....Hmmmmmm......


And last on the list, but certainly not least....

Shoshone Slim
A person who's behavior would make even Tombstone's Johnny Tyler blush.




















Responses by Shoshone Slim to:

This is topic Do you agree with BilseyJoe's thread being shut down? in forum SASS Wire at The SASS Wire.

Posted by Doc Whip Lash #15561 (Member # 9566) on March 28, 2004 02:14 PMMarch 28, 2004 02:14 PM:

Howdy Pards,

It saddens me anytime someones opinion is gagged due the rudeness of bullies.

This is what I believed happened to his rather long and opinioned thread. Is this the cowboy way? To censure someone when we don't agree with him or feel he is to long-winded? I guess Will Rogers would have his threads shut down because he was a talker.

I just don't get it.

Just my opinion.(Which I hope doesn't get me deleted).

Doc Whip Lash(DUELIST,Bullwhipper,Horseman)

Posted by Shoshone Slim, SASS #31347 (Member # 12478) on March 28, 2004 08:43 PMMarch 28, 2004 08:43 PM:
Choc-lit Cake, now maybe a moderator will look in on this worthless self serving thread.

Posted by Shoshone Slim, SASS #31347 (Member # 12478) on March 29, 2004 11:20 AMMarch 29, 2004 11:20 AM: I shoot one handed but don't agree with pompous putz's, whar does that leave my vote?

Shoshone’s coments to: Topic Why anachronistic tactics in a period Game? in forum SASS Wire at The SASS Wire. Posted by BisleyJoe 29738 (Member # 9905) on March 23, 2004 08:15 PMMarch 23, 2004 08:15 PM:

Posted by Shoshone Slim, SASS #31347 (Member # 12478) on March 24, 2004 04:52 AMMarch 24, 2004 04:52 AM:
Well I came in from cleaning out the kennels and sat down and read this thread. I thought I'd seen all of the dog crap that I was going to hafta look at today. I didn't think that B.J. could top the load that he put out before but I stand corrected.
Nubbin's all I can say is AMEN brother!!!!

Shoshone (who is timed with a sun dial but has a hell of a good time) Slim

Posted by Shoshone Slim, SASS #31347 (Member # 12478) on March 24, 2004 06:04 PMMarch 24, 2004 06:04 PM:
Evil Roy, I'm not try'in to weasel any free info from ya but you mention sights. What are they and do my guns have 'em? [Big Grin][Eek!]

Posted by Shoshone Slim, SASS #31347 (Member # 12478) on March 26, 2004 04:58 AMMarch 26, 2004 04:58 AM: fire, fire lives!!! My grandpa the Rabbi, used to say that if you want to hear how to be a good jew and all the things that you're doing wrong just ask a convert.

Posted by Shoshone Slim, SASS #31347 (Member # 12478) on March 26, 2004 09:32 AMMarch 26, 2004 09:32 AM:
Don't hold your breath Aesop, if you or I had done the name callin' that Bisley Schmoe did to start this mess we'd have been banned. Also, can you believe how long this putz's threads have been allowed to go on? Why the Choc-lit cake thread lasted the original post and all it said was, "choc-lit cake". I am amazed.

[
March 26, 2004, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Shoshone Slim, SASS #31347 ]


Shosh soon started to spam my private email with constant inanities and comments. His behavior was stunning in its pettiness. I had to block him, and below is my email to him just before I did block him.

Shoshone,

I was serious about not emailing me. Get the picture? You have proven yourself to be of the lowest caliber of person and a silly little boy at best. Your obsession with continuing to stick your nose into other people's posts in order to disrupt something you cannot discuss with intelligence or honor proves that you are both a buffoon and a coward. Were it the 19th century you would not have dared enter another man’s debate and then act in such a bratty manner. Then again, you may very well have behaved like a veritable Johnny Tyler, getting slapped and all. From the beginning you have chosen to insult and call names. Instead of being man enough to admit you’d jumped the gun, you chose to continue the direct insults. At worse we could have made amends and argued our points without the needless and sophomoric insults. None of this is worth the rancor and disrespect you have exuded. Most of all, none of this is worth the disgrace you have made of yourself, or the level you and your friends have lowered the wire to.

Bisley Joe


So there you have it: some of the lowest actions taken by the bullies on the wire. There was a great deal more, which has unfortunately been lost. There were threads asking for civility-at least two-that were flamed with inane comments like "plonk" and "whack" etc. The moderators, despite asking them for help, responded only by locking my threads. To this day the above wire pansies continue to run amok on the forum, bullying anyone that steps out of their tiny frame of mind.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home