Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Even Thank You Didn't Work

I posted the following thread to thank those who had participated in the debates in a civil manner-pro or con-regarding my view. I was amazed that some people didn't even respect this.

Although what was being done at this point to this thread and others was basically leading a lynch mob, the moderators did absolutely nothing to stop it, and in fact shut down my thread within two days while those who disrupted it were left alone.



This is topic A big Thank You! in forum SASS Wire at The SASS Wire.


Posted by bisleyjoe (Member # 9905) on January 17, 2003, 07:23 PM: To those who responded with respect and a true interest on the subject, be it pro or against, you have my deepest appreciation. I consider you friends: duelist, gunfighter, modern or whatever you shoot. Bisley Joe


Posted by Bartholomew(Butch)Cavendish #38152 (Member # 9275) on January 17, 2003, 07:47 PM:

Bisleyjoe, "You can't have no idea how little I care." Heard that on Monte walsh tonight, and wanted to try it out.

[ January 17, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Bartholomew(Butch)Cavendish #38152 ]


Posted by Chisler Wood (Member # 13737) on January 17, 2003, 08:51 PM:

Have one for the road!!!!!Wakety Plonk!!!!!!

Flamingo has left the building!


Posted by Bushwacker Bull SASS# 49034 (Member # 13958) on January 17, 2003, 09:17 PM:

Bisleyjoe,

I have been following yer posts fer quite some time. I am new to SASS and the Wire. I have refrained from posting on yer threads until now fer a couple of reasons. One I just don't have enough 'sperience shooting SASS to form an opinion. I shot competition in the Marine Corps fer a while. I have been shootin' guns since I was a kid. ('bout 30 years or so) I was taught to shoot two handed because it was stable.....and SAFE! I have shot one time in SASS (modern) and decided that I will shoot duelist and gun fighter 'afore the year is out. Because I choose too. I agree that shooting two handed is faster than one handed and more accurate. Heck, that's why the military (and police) started teachin' to shoot two handed. I do believe that modern and traditional should be left in for those of us that are still too nervy to shoot one handed. It was enough to learn to shoot SASS havin' shot double action and lots of rounds all of my life. Frankly, I feel better seein' a cowboy shoot with two hands on the gun. That's just my comfort level...fer now. I will however, get used to the one handed style. I personally do not care if I win or loose. (To my closest pard's dismay) But, really two handed is faster than one. However, the rules fer now make it so that the fastest, one or two handed, is declared overall. That's the breaks and I live with them. Keep the spirit alive since that is what got me hooked and I suppose you too. I am new, but I couldn't help putting my stick into the fire just once.

Hope to shoot with all of ya's....one handed or two at one time or another. I have a found a great group of cowboys and cowgirls to spend my time around.

BB

PS: thwack!!!

[ January 17, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Bushwacker Bull SASS# 49034 ]


Posted by bisleyjoe (Member # 9905) on January 18, 2003, 12:40 AM:

Hey everyone, I guess the fact that I was trying to thank some people doesn't quite register.

We have disagreed. I have not been disrespectful to you. I have argued your opinions in my post, and I have respected them. I have not entered your posts to disrupt your ideas. I ask you, as men, to please discontinue this childish tactic of disrupting people's ideas.


Posted by Gold Canyon Kid #43974 (Member # 11280) on January 18, 2003, 04:19 AM:

Three stikes and you're out. PLONK!


Posted by Bushwacker Bull SASS# 49034 (Member # 13958) on January 18, 2003, 05:54 AM:

Bisleyjoe,

Dang it. I left the most important part of my post out. That's what I git fer posting after coming back from the saloon. I meant to end up tellin' ya thanks fer not bein afraid to stick it out. You took some smoke, but stuck by yer guns. I'd be happy to shoot with ya anytime.

BB


Posted by bisleyjoe (Member # 9905) on January 18, 2003, 05:22 PM: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Hey Butch, excuse the email pard. Figured you were man enough to let me know why you decided to be disrespectful when we’ve never even spoken. Sorry for the mistake. Ah well, guess it’s easy to hide behind electronic yapping. Great display of your intelligence and caliber though!

Chisler Wood
Have one for the road!!!!!Wakety Plonk!!!!!!

Ah, can’t stand to be left out aye! Poor little boy. Go to bed now, it’s nap time. And so, devoid of character, honor, integrity, and intelligent commentary, Chisler and the Kid ride off on their mule, Butch, in search of love.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To those who responded with respect and a true interest on the subject, be it pro or against, you have my deepest appreciation. I consider you friends: duelist, gunfighter, modern or whatever you shoot. Bisley Joe
[ January 18, 2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: bisleyjoe ]


Posted by bisleyjoe (Member # 9905) on January 18, 2003, 11:19 PM: Bushwacker Bull, The feeling is mutual good sir! I thank you for your words!


Posted by Bartholomew(Butch)Cavendish #38152 (Member # 9275) on January 19, 2003, 10:17 AM:

Joe has luck would have it I will be in orlando Fla. From march 9 thru the 17. comming in early for the Lynard skynard show on the 9th and doing about a weeks worth of business. I'll send you an e,mail pryor to remind you and give you details etc. "Why don't you look me up." "I would like to find out if you are as funny in person has you are on the wire. Butch


Posted by Manatee (Member # 12740) on January 19, 2003, 10:23 AM:

Awww fellers. I was just goin through the Monte Walsh tape the Warden made on Friday. So far there are some good lines. Like:

Monte: "Needlin' people is what I do."
"Well, yer certainly entitled to yer opinion Chet, but I happen ta see it differnt."

And,

Monte (to foreman at Slash C): "How ya doin'?
Foreman: "Better, since I gave up hope."

If yer comin' down here Butch, let's get together fer a shoot.


Posted by DocDisaster # 45431 (Member # 13000) on January 19, 2003, 11:56 AM:

Joe there is a saying that "opinions are like assholes everybody has one and they all stink", just so happens some have bigger opinions than others and cannot accept opposing points of view. Don't worry about it pard, just continue what you've been doin, and enjoy yourself. See ya in a few weeks..

Doc


Posted by bisleyjoe (Member # 9905) on January 19, 2003, 04:06 PM: Hey there guys! No worries at all! Look forward to shooting with you!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Butch, You should have the common decency not to enter a person's post who has never even spoken with you, much less been disrespectful to you, simply to be so very rude. Especially when the post is simply thanking some friends. It is not polite. And it’s not the Cowboy Way! Now I tried emailing you in private, to avoid egos or misunderstandings. You decided to tell me to "find something else to do." That is fine. But don't act as if you have been wronged. You are taking this a bit too seriously. As I said before, most of this should be taken with a tongue in the cheek. Enjoy the concert. I do, after all, have better things to do.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To those who responded with respect and a true interest on the subject, be it pro or against, you have my deepest appreciation. I consider you friends: duelist, gunfighter, modern or whatever you shoot. Bisley Joe

[ January 19, 2003, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: bisleyjoe ]



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home