Monday, February 07, 2011

Wire Moderators Who Don't Moderate (unless their buds are being outwitted).

Not all the moderators on the SASS wire have acted in the selectively righteous, inexcusably disgusting manner below, but some have.

Below are the SASS® Wire guidelines:
( you can locate the full version here: http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register )

"Forum Terms & Rules
The SASS Wire is the official forum of SASS Cowboy Action Shooting. All users are subject to the policies set for by The Single Action Shooting Society in their Moderator Guidelines posted on this site..."

"SASS Wire Forum Moderators are like Range Officers at a SASS Cowboy Action Shooting match. They keep the range safe and enforce the rules so that all are treated equally for the enjoyment of the game."

"SASS Wire Moderators serve as a reliable contact of information, direction and encouragement. We are here to help you."

"SASS Wire Moderators have the authority to Edit Messages and are directed to do so when the message:

• Contains profanity, racism, anti-Semitism, sexism or offensive statements

SASS Wire Moderators have the authority to Close Topics and are directed to do so when the message:


• Is beating a dead horse;
• Is instigating in nature

SASS Wire Moderators have the authority to Delete Topics and are directed to do so when the message:

Contains defamatory, libelous or slanderous statements against any business, individual or public entity;
• Contains offensive behavior or plain rudeness;
• Is instigating in nature;"


By the above guidelines it is clear that the moderators certainly have the authority to shut down any thread they wish. Certainly my threads, which exposed some of the inconsistencies in SASS and the way some of its sacred cows play the game could be considered "stirring the fire" and worthy of deletion.

However, the hypocrisy and double standard with which the entire situation was handled is simply shameful. While my posts were locked down because of flaming and attacks, those who were doing the flaming and attacking did so with impunity. There were absolutely no repercussions to their breaking of the rules.

I contacted the moderators for help-from my threads being flamed, to my email being spammed by Shoshone Slim, to literally being told that someone might show up at my door and shoot me dead.

Below are a few of my emails to the moderators asking for help:

BisleyJoe 29738
SASS Wire Vet
Member # 9905

Icon 2posted May 11, 2004 12:10 PMMay 11, 2004 12:10 PM Profile for BisleyJoe 29738 Email BisleyJoe 29738


Please take a look at Save SASS . Again, the SAME folks are going out of their way to harass and harangue a post they don't have to be in. It is an example of just how low they will stoop.

I have stated several times that the post is not to argue and it keeps getting worse. I hope that, instead of my post being deleted or locked, these people will be reprimanded for their sickening actions.

Respectfully yours,

Bisley Joe

--------------------
La libertad no se pide, se conquista con el filo del machete!

Duelist, Bullwhipper, and tireless defender of common sense.

One hand, one gun.
Two hands, two guns.


From: Coral Gables, FL | Registered: Dec 2001

Wild Shot #51
Moderator
Member # 7739

Icon 1posted May 11, 2004 04:40 PMMay 11, 2004 04:40 PM Profile for Wild Shot #51 Email Wild Shot #51


Joe,

Why don't you just let it rest?

Wild Shot


Registered: Jun 2001

BisleyJoe 29738
SASS Wire Vet
Member # 9905

Icon 1posted May 13, 2004 05:49 AMMay 13, 2004 05:49 AM Profile for BisleyJoe 29738 Email BisleyJoe 29738


Wildshot,
My question is:
Why don't you just reprimand those who attack instead of deleting subjects? I wrote to you for assistance and you did precisely what I asked for help against. This is disgusting, but goes along with what SASS is becoming. It seems obvious that you are in agreement with those who harass and disrupt posts. I never saw you or anyone else do a damned thing against people who curse, insult, and harass others.
Instead you punish those who are attacked.

--------------------
La libertad no se pide, se conquista con el filo del machete!

Duelist, Bullwhipper, and tireless defender of common sense.

One hand, one gun.
Two hands, two guns.


From: Coral Gables, FL | Registered: Dec 2001

__________________________________________________________________

Hello,

I have had two posts disappear one after the other. The first time I thought it was a fluke, but now it seems as if it is not just a fluke. In neither of the posts have I made any insult or incited anything negative, and in fact I was having a normal, intelligent debate, so I am sure that there has been some malfunction. Please let me know what is going on.

Thank you

Was never answered.

__________________________________________________________________

Dear Wild Shot,

With all due respect, if you believed that my post ran out of usefulness there isn’t much I can do except express my disagreement. What I am indignant at is how those that dragged out and distorted the string with insults and harassment got away with it, as usual. If you took the time to read through the posts you would find the same names repeated over and over using insults, profanity, crass comments, and even threats. One fellow, Shoshone Slim, emailed me over and over despite my telling him to stop, even spamming my mail with copies of the posts until I had to put him on my ignore list. When he found out he increased his harassment of my posts. He, and others, went out of their way to harass and insult without even attempting to hide it, and did so with impunity. It is my suspicion that the usual Wire bullies have friends amongst the moderators, as this has been happening since I can remember, and continues to happen. I hope I’m wrong.

It seems the only action taken is against those who disturb the status quo, and the opportunity is not lost on the usual Wire bullies. I never dare insult, harangue, or otherwise flame anyone else’s post, regardless of how much I disagree with it. As a paying member I expect the same in return, and an answer as to why the same group continually gets to insult and disrupt everyone they disagree with while the moderators will only act against those being attacked.

Bilsey Joe

29738

Jose Ortiz


__________________________________________________________________

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home